iPhone 8 DFU mode
DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode is a mode that allows you to put your iPhone into a state where it can communicate with iTunes on a computer without loading the iPhone operating system or bootloader. This can be useful if your iPhone is not responding properly or if you want to restore your iPhone to its original factory settings. To enter DFU mode on an iPhone 8, you will need to follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone 8 to your computer and open iTunes.
- Turn off your iPhone 8 if it is not already off.
- Press and hold the Power button on the right side of the iPhone 8.
- While still holding the Power button, press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side of the iPhone 8.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button but continue holding the Volume Down button for about 5 seconds.
- If done correctly, your iPhone 8 screen should remain black, indicating that it is in DFU mode. Once your iPhone is in DFU mode, iTunes should display a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You can then restore your iPhone or update its firmware.